Alternatives for opening a conversation with the Virtual Concierge
If you would like to change the way that guests access the Virtual Concierge, you can do so. Instead of "Alexa, use the concierge service", you can use an alternative phrase. A structure called a ‘Routine’ is the functionality that makes this possible. Here are some examples of what you can do:
- To keep it short and sweet, you can bring up the Virtual Concierge with "Alexa, concierge"
- If your property was called "Rustic Roost", you can personalize the experience and make it possible for guests to say "Alexa, Rustic Roost information"
- If you have guests that have a hard time pronouncing "concierge", you can invoke the Virtual Concierge with the phrase "Alexa, house help".
Create a Routine in the Alexa app (the app is available for iPhone & Android). Here are instructions
for creating an Alexa Routine. Specifically for the Virtual Concierge:
- Under "When this happens": Choose "Voice", and then enter the phrase you would like.
- Under "Add action": Choose "Skills", and then select "Virtual Concierge Service"